As you may have noticed on the back wall of “the bay” I have “home made” calipers.
I made these when I first set up “the bay” and started this journey … in the process of sorting out some pictures, I stumbled across the templates that I used. It dawned on me that I had never written anything in here about the calipers or how I made them, so here goes:
1. I used some plywood I had lying around … but of 10mm from memory.
2. I used the templates (as per below) to mark out the arms, etc. As you’ll notice, I decided not to use the extended end section.
3. Using a trusty old “ozito” jig saw I cut out the arms
4. I gave all the edges a sand
5. I used a bolt and nut, with a couple of washers I had laying around to join the arms together.
So, there ya go, a simple and inexpensive “homemade” set of calipers.
Here’s the templates: